Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Stalking The Truth

Stalking The Truth

March 23, 2010

Susan & NCGenWeb


During the next several days we will be reporting on some recent activities concerning NCGenWeb, one of our favorite sources for unusual USGenWeb doings, although for NCGenWeb it's business as usual. Our sad tale will require several Blog posts, some of which will have links to our companion Web site for further information, more details, and evidence.

Although Susan Jones is not the main focus of our new revelation of corruption in the USGenWeb, she is involved as an innocent bystander, but not the only one to have been hurt by it.
The below records her in 2003, but we have found evidence of Susan being in NCGenWeb as early as September 1, 2001.

Mary White



> From: Derick S. Hartshorn derickh@charter.net
> Sent: Mar 21, 2003 6:39 AM
> To: Lee County leecountygen@earthlink.net,
> PaulDBuckley@worldnet.att.net,
> angie@angiesplace.behosting.com, crystal@pebbles.net,
> CDZ4U@aol.com, nduffy@patch.net,
> ncgen@mindspring.com

> Cc: GeVabch@aol.com, NCCamden@aol.com, susan jones
> mnizue@earthlink.net
> Subject: Re: Rockingham /// Lee
>
> Unless anyone has any objections, I'll let Susan Jones and
> Anne Powell work together to make the transaction.
>
> --Derick
>
>
>> At 10:36 PM 3/20/03 -0500, Lee County wrote:
>> Derick,
>> That sounds great to me. Just let me know if I need to do
>> anything to turn it over other than send her the few
>> submissions that need to be posted.
>>
>> Anne
>>
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: Derick S. Hartshorn derickh@charter.net
>>> To: PaulDBuckley@worldnet.att.net;
>>> angie@angiesplace.behosting.com; crystal@pebbles.net;
>>> CDZ4U@aol.com; nduffy@patch.net;
>>> ncgen@mindspring.com

>>> Cc: GeVabch@aol.com; NCCamden@aol.com; susan
>>> jones
mnizue@earthlink.net;
>>> leecountygen@earthlink.net

>>> Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 8:53 PM
>>> Subject: Re: Rockingham /// Lee
>>>
>>> Often times we are so eager to recruit volunteers into our
>>> Project that we sometimes make mistakes. Usually, when
>>> that happens, one person winds up with egg on their face.
>>>
>>> Susan Jones volunteered for the position of Rockingham
>>> CC,
all the while we are working on finding adoptive
>>> parents
for two more counties. Without thinking, I asked
>>> all to
welcome her aboard. She was recommended highly
>>> by my
cousin, Bobbie Cutter.
>>>
>>> Previously, I had given full responsibility to Nola for
>>> staffing and she did nothing short of fantastic. However,
>>> I found myself dealing with two CCs for Rockingham:
>>> Susan
and Darleen Ricci (current CC for Campden). Nola
>>> had
Darleen were up to speed almost immediately and the
>>> page,
which had been delinked, is now up to speed.
>>> http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncrockin/
>>>
>>> I feel badly for this major "brain-fart" and apologize to
>>> Susan and all the others involved. Good fortune seems to
>>> preserve our Project in spite of my information overload.
>>> I received the following from Anne Powell, Lee Co. CC:
>>>
>>>> Hi Derick,
>>>> Not quite sure who all I need to send this to, so forward
>>>> this to whoever is necessary. Life has gotten a bit
>>>> hectic for me as of late and I don't have any time at all
>>>> for my own research, let alone keeping up a webpage.
>>>> Top
that with a major illness with one of my immediate
>>>> family
members and internet connection problems. I'm
>>>> afraid I
need to step down as County Coordinator of
>>>> the Lee County
NCGenWeb site.
>>>>
>>>> The new CC is more than welcome to keep the items I
>>>> have
put online and I'm willing to help out in whatever
>>>> way I
can ....
>>>>
>>>> Anne Powell
>>>> Lee County
>>>
>>> If Anne and the Board determine that Susan Jones is an
>>> appropriate candidate for Lee Co. CC, I'd like to offer
>>> this as a solution to the problem I created.
>>>
>>> --Derick
>>>
>>>
>>>> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:20:03 -0500
>>>> To: susan jones mnizue@earthlink.net
>>>> From: Derick S. Hartshorn derickh@charter.net
>>>> Subject: Re: Rockingham
>>>> Cc: NCGW-Board
>>>>
>>>> At 03:22 PM 3/19/03 -0500, you wrote:
>>>>>Derick, Bobbie told me she mentioned to you that I
>>>>>would
like to get my own county. Thank you for
>>>>>forwarding the
mail she wrote. Yes, I would be very
>>>>>interested in
getting a county of my own. With
>>>>>Bobbie, there really
isn't too much for me to do,
>>>>>since she is on top of
things with her Perquimans
>>>>>County web site. We did work
on it together to get
>>>>>new data, etc. but now it seems to
be running rather
>>>>>smoothly. So, keep me in mind when
you decide,
>>>>>ok? Thanks.

>>>>>
>>>>>Susan
>>>>>Co CC
>>>>
>>>> Susan,
>>>>
>>>> As far as I am concerned, you seem to have the desire
>>>> and
the ethic to represent this historically significant
>>>> county. My very first inclination was that you would
>>>> really make this county shine. If you feel that you can
>>>> do a good job representing Rockingham County and
>>>> making
information available to researchers, that's all
>>>> we ask.
Whatever you need in the way of assistance,
>>>> we shall
provide. Please feel free to write any of the
>>>> Board
members for assistance. Those who have been
>>>> familiar with
this dialogue, please welcome Susan
>>>> Jones as our
tentative Rockingham NCGWP page
>>>> host. If I may assume my
prerogative, I feel this
>>>> appointment best conforms to our
Project goals.
>>>>
>>>> --Derick


No comments: